Indifferent to fleeting trends, yet in tune with its era, the Billecart-Salmon House was founded in 1818 by husband and wife Nicolas François Billecart and Elisabeth Salmon. Seven generations later, the heirs of an ancestral savoir-faire, the whole family knows that it is their duty to uphold this quality requirement. From the Cőte des Blancs to the Reims Mountain, not forgetting the right bank of the Marne River, the greatest vintages of Chardonnay, Pinot Noir and Pinot Meunier blossom. The Billecart-Salmon House covers around 50 hectares, and gets its grapes from a total of 170 hectares of land. Frequently cited for the quality of its vintages, the House pays particular attention to selecting the best grapes. At the foot of the Mareuil-sur-Ay hill, the family cultivates one hectare of Pinot Noir on a single, enclosed parcel. It is called Clos St Hilaire. The magic of the terroir combined with human skills have given rise to a wine which is particularly renowned for the complexity and rarity of its aromas.