The world oldest port house, dating back to 1820, which has been in the hands of the Symington family whose life has been around the port for 350 years. The Graham’s produces two million bottles annually, and unlike other port houses, it also takes part in the grape production in the Douro Valley.
The Graham's story started with - in not a very surprising way - the Graham family in 1820 when William and John Graham established their wine trader company. Soon this developed to a real cellar, in 1890 the company founded - as one of the pioneers - its first plantation in the Douro valley, and in the same year they built their fermenting house in Vila Nove de Gaia. In the 20th century the legendary Graham's wines from legendary vintages followed each other, the gatherers should pay attention to especially the Port-wines from 1945 and 1948. In 1970 the Symingtons came on the scene who can trace back their badinage to the Port-wine on their mother's side to 1652; their thirteenth generation is dealing with the Port-wine now. This is the way the Graham's became one of the most famous and excellent Port-wine cellars with numerous awards, legendary vintage Port-wines, tradition and continuous innovation, Scottish and Portuguese will to act and convincing quality.