Château Pédesclaux was founded in 1810 and was classified as a fifth growth in the official Bordeaux classification in 1855. In 1930 Lucien Jugla became its tenant, and later purchased the estate. The Jugla family are still the owners today. Out of the 28 hectare area of the estate 26 can be found in the Pauillac appellation and two in the Haut-Médoc region. The wines are usually made from 50% Cabernet Sauvignon, 45% Merlot and 5% Cabernet Franc.